Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Day With Emilee....

It's back to work tonight. I have thoroughly enjoyed my two days off. I had big plans of getting so much accomplished. Most of which didn't happen. There is always next weekend right? I did get the downstairs bathroom painted! I have been talking about painting that room for months now. Emilee was begging me to do it so we woke up early this morning, picked out some paint we had leftover from something else and got to work. She is a great little helper. We finished up by lunch time. Now that I took the initial step to start the painting process, it is so apparent how badly the rest of the rooms need a fresh coat of paint. I guess it's paining for the next couple of months for me. Oh well, could be fun.
It was so much fun just hanging out with Emilee. She is growing up so quickly. Our conversations today seemed so "grown up". It scared me just a bit. She asked me today how old she had to be to have a boyfriend??? What?
Cody and Caitlyn spend the day with Grandma and Grandpa. They took a trip to the dollar store and the to McDonalds. What could be better right? It was nice having some one-on-one time with Em but I sure miss the littlest buggers when they are gone. We had a lazy afternoon nap and now are just having some cuddle time on the couch. Good times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's what it is all about, time with our kids. But talk of boyfriends...no thank you. :)