So I was reading a great entry on Seek First His Kingdom. She was commenting on the pressure she feels as a mom, a wife, homemaker and a women with a full time job. I can totally relate! I feel the pressure everyday from every direction. So for therapeutic reasons, here is my list of what I don't do... somehow it helps just to spell it out.
- I don't cook, everything comes out of a box, or a drive-thru.
- I don't do laundry nearly enough, and if I do, the clean clothes will sit in the laundry basket for up to three days.
- I rarely make my bed. Being on graveyard, somebody is almost always sleeping in it.
- There are many nights I don't read to my children.
- I don't sign up for nearly as much overtime at work as others do, for this I feel guilty.
- I don't spend enough time at home because I have signed up for too much overtime, for this I feel guilty.
- I don't scrapbook anymore, its been well over a year.
- I don't go to the PTO meetings or volunteer in Emilee's class.
- I don't go to church nearly enough.
That being said, you all know my dirty little secrets! But on a little more positive note here is a list of my goals as a wife/mother/homemaker and employee.
- Learn to cook in large quantities and freeze meals for those nights when life is busy.
- Hire a housekeeper/ My time is precious I would rather be playing with my kids.
- Be a better employee, have a better attitude and be good at what I do.
- Continue to take a ton of pictures so that when the time comes that I do have time to scrapbook, my pages will be awesome!
- Teach my children about the love of God, at home, in the car, at the park, wherever. Let them know we can worship God even if we don't make it to church.
- Stop feeling so much guilt. I must realize that my kids are doing fine, they have the love of their mother, father, grandparents , aunts and uncles and many good friends. They are happy, well balance, and some what spoiled children!