Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cody turns 5

My little sweet boy is turning 5 in less than a week. I can hardly believe it. I think year 4 was such a transitional year for him. Last year at this time he was still so much my baby boy and this year....all boy, full of mischief and testing his limits. Don't get me wrong, he still has time for snuggles with mom. It appears is energy level has tripled in the last year. He seems to be always running, karate chopping, punching, getting dirty, breaking things and always SHOUTING! Gosh, parenting is fun! I love seeing my children change and become there own persons before my eyes. Each child different in there own way and figuring out what works for one most likely won't work for the next. I think God each day for my special kids.
As for celebrating Cody's birthday, we have something most special planned. This is the first year I threw out the combined party idea that I usually do, and decided each child needs their own special day. Cate got the traditional party this year. Cody and I brainstormed together and came up with "Cody is 5, lets go for a drive". Cody and his best buddy Trent are headed on a road trip with good ol' mom. Per Cody's request, we got a motel with a pool and hot tub, we will be dining at the Rain forest Cafe and either going to the Children's Museum or the Zoo. That last part seems to change daily so we will just play it by ear when we get there. To conclude the trip, we are making a "pit stop" at home for cake and ice cream with the family. Should be fun, can't wait to share pictures. For now here are his 5 year photos.











No comments: