Thursday, March 20, 2008

Aww Memories!

My sister did a fun little post about herself 10 year ago, 20 years ago and then 30 years ago. So me being the typical little sister decided to copy her. I couldn't quite follow the rules completely since 3o years ago I was non existent, but I played along with 10 year ago and 20 years ago. Enjoy, don't laugh too much!

Twenty years ago. This is me at eight years old. Yes, I was right smack in the middle of those awkward years. What a goofy looking kid I was. I remember exactly why I have that look on my face though. My parents used to take us to Kmart to get our photos taken. For some reason the photo place was right in the middle of the store and my dad was holding up some mens tighty whiteys (underwear) in hopes of making me smile. At eight years old that was pretty embarrassing for me.
Ten years ago. My senior year of high school. This picture cracks me up because at the time I barely knew my date, Jarrod. We showed up, took pictures and I split to hang out with my friends. Twenty years later, Jarrod is almost a permanent fixture in our home, he has been best friends with my husband all these years. I now hear over and over about how I ditched him at the dance. It's all in good fun. Another funny thing about that night is we went to that dance with a whole group of people. One of the other couples we went with was my friend April and her older guy friend who recently moved to Idaho. I didn't pay much attention to him at the time. Until.... two years later I married him!
This photo was taken last weekend. It may be a current photo but looking at it brings back so many memories. The women on the left is Castilia. She has been my best friend since I was the awkward looking eight year old pictured above. We had so many great time together. On the right of me in the picture is Kristin. Also a very dear friend from my childhood. We went to youth group together and shared so many special time together. It was so much fun last weekend catching up and reminiscing about the good old times.


3 comments:

dawn klinge said...

I'm so glad you did this even if you are a copycat ;). Those were fun pictures and great stories.

Delena said...

I don't have pictures from 20 or 30 years ago. I think my parents didn't believe in cameras.

Rebekah said...

Cute pictures! Love the red dress... you should have put the cowboy hat on