Sunday, March 2, 2008

Did you miss me?

My computer is fixed!!! Eric did a little something to the cord and YEAH it's working again. I haven't posted much lately so where do I start? I guess I will fill you in on our weekend. The weather was beautiful so it we did yard work. Lots of yard work. Mostly poop actually. Two St Bernard's and three months of their business revealed underneath the newly melted snow, GROSS. We filled up three, yes three 55 pound dog food bags full. Well enough about poop. We also sucked up the last of the leaves, cleaned out the pond and dragged out all the outdoor toys for the kids.



Oh yeah, I did get one other very important task accomplished. Cody received a very nice train set from his Grandma Cheryl Christmas 2006. It has been sitting untouched in the box ever since. Why you may be asking? The thing is huge. 146 pieces, and yes you read the box right 84 x 53 inches. What normal person has room in their house for a train set that big? Not only is it huge but it took a good hour just to put it together. Since we moved into out new place we do have an extra garage/hobby room that fits the train nicely. So after a year and a half of listening to my kids beg me to put the thing together...IT IS DONE. They love it, so thanks Grandma Cheryl.

4 comments:

dawn klinge said...

I missed you! It's nice to see you back to blogging. We've been doing lots of yard work at our house this weekend also.

Rebekah said...

glad your computer is fixed. Nice train set.

Delena said...

I love that you keep toys hidden away, too. I have some from this Christmas because the kids got soooo much stuff. I just want to find some needy little child who has nothing to give these great toys to.

Cheryl said...

Sorry about that Darcie!! I too forgot about that train set. Maybe that is a good sign that I just MAY be buying To MUCH! ha ha. I'll try to do better. (that means smaller & less) I just can't help myself, I just love them soooo much. I can't seem to say NO! Love Ya!!