Thursday, September 13, 2007

Red Day!


Yesterday was Red Day at Cody's preschool. Red Day is a day in which the kids wear red to school and bring a red toy to share at show and tell. Cody eagerly dressed in his red Cougar sweatpants outfit and picked out his red chain saw which he got for his birthday this year. I was a little nervous about sending him to school with a chain saw, even if it is a toy. Why would I be nervous about turning him loose in a room full of 3-4 year olds with a power tool? Let me tell you about our little incident with the toy weed whacker.

We were driving home from Cashmere, (about 20 minute drive) and Cody is playing with his toy weed whacker in the back seat. All of a sudden I hear a blood curdling scream from Emilee. I have no where to pull over, we are on HWY 2, but I look back in my rear view mirror to see that Cody had took the weed whacker to his sisters hair. It was wrapped up so tightly, I was sure I would have to cut it out. We drove all the way to town with the weed whacker stuck in her hair, she was screaming hysterically. Luckily, we were able to get it out without scissors. But the moral of the story is this. When you child asked to play with power tools..... say yes, it makes for a good story!!!!

No comments: